Monday, April 20, 2020

Frame (Blog #7)

In my quest to better understand type 1 diabetes that arises during students in college years, I believe it is important to consider the student as a whole rather than just someone who just suddenly and randomly developed such a disease. In doing so, I believe my theoretical frame in my research paper is going to be about holistic healthcare, which is treating a patient by looking at all aspects of their life to determine the best way to treat their illness. This includes examining things such as mental and physical health, social habits, stress factors, relationships, etc. which are all relative to that in a college students life. I am using academic terms such as  social stressors, diabetes management, and emerging adulthood which allow me to better understand the reasons and ways that students with this disease are affected on a daily basis. The sources that offer the most insight when constructing my paper are found coming from the author, Jennifer Saylor.

Sources:
  • Saylor, Jennifer, et al. “Positive Health Benefits of Peer Support and Connections for College Students With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.” Sage Journals, The Diabetes Educator, 27 June 2018, journals-sagepub-com.proxy.libraries.rutgers.edu/doi/pdf/10.1177/0145721718765947.
  • Saylor, Jennifer, et al. “Psychosocial Educational Needs of College Students Newly Diagnosed With Type 1 Diabetes.” Sage Journals, AADE in Practice, 23 Oct. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment